Wednesday, April 27, 2005

SHORT PAGE 22,,,,,,,

Not to return, we were tired of the mess they were putting Bridgette in so we bowed out. We left the office that day empty arms and empty heart, praying that God would take extra special care of Bridgette.
After Bridgette went home we seateled into our little family for a period of time we didn’t take in any more children. It seemed to take a while for the hurt of the system to leave. Then we {I} decided that it was time to help out some more children. Some of these babies and children were staying on short term. Kind of like a safe place to stay until the system figured out what they were going to do with the case. Some of the children were, Tyler, a 4 lb. Baby boy. His mother was mentally unstable; she didn’t know how to care for her baby. He was not drug addicted, and there was no alcohol abuse of the mother. This baby had heart problems though. I got the call and went to children’s hosp. To pick him up from our home. The car seat I took was a infant seat, yet very much too big for him. The nurses and I had to pack him in the seat with blankets, in order for him to fit safely. When I saw that he was wearing a apnea monitor I questioned myself. Could I care for this baby? The nurses at the hosp. gave me a short up date on all the monitor. We had, had a friend whose baby had heart surgery, and I was familiar with the process. So off we go, bringing this baby home. Tiny as could be, He had more wires hooked up to him than my V.C.R. It took a while to get use to the thing going off at all hours of the night for no reason, but we all adjusted. Tyler went for visits with his mom at an office close by. So I volunteered to supervise them. She was a very young mom who had, had no training. The people around her just assumed that she couldn’t care for him at all. She felt comfortable with me, so I taught her how to hold and feel him. He was in our home a short while, and then went with mom into a group home to be care for together. It took a long while not to jump whenever we heard a peeping sound, thinking it was Tyler’s heart stopping again.
We had a little girl come in who had been left with a man while her mom went off to where ever. The mom didn’t show up when expected so C.P.S. was called in. She had a high fever and cried a lot. We had no idea what kind of formula she was on so we guessed. Heather, [Renee] we weren’t sure, was about 6 months old. I took her to the doctor. She had a bad ear infection. She was only with us less then a week. They found her mom and sent her home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for three pages this morning. Good stuff!