Friday, April 22, 2005

PAGE 15,,,,,,,,,crybaby kim,hehe

So it was time to check out my next adventure, Lisa coming to live with us. I first called her worker to ask if it had ever been done, a natural mother moving in with the foster parents. She said she never heard of such a case, but that would sure be almost perfect for little Michael. He would have a chance to bond with her, and at the same time she could learn some hands on parenting skills from us. The next thing I had to do was call our worker, she would know. She knew all the rules of the system. I told her what we were thinking of doing and she couldn't believe it. She thought we were nuts, but she already knew we were. She told me to give her a little time to figure out how to do this. The only next question would be, would Lisa go for the arrangement we were planning. Would she want anything to do with it? I couldn't call her and let her know what we were thinking until we were sure we could do it. I had been keeping Mike updated through out the day. Neither of us could believe what we were about to do. We were looking at bringing into our private home a girl who was the reason why we had her child. Let her move into our home and be a part of our family, a strange person, just move in. Yes we thought we were nuts, we had lost our minds due to the stress we had been in for the last two years. That was it, we knew it, and we had lost our minds.
Our worker called us back and told us there was no other case in the systems history where a natural mother moved in with a foster family. So if we still wanted to do this we would have to be very careful and write up a new plan. We could move her in on a temporary bases. She already had been checked out by the system as her case plan of returning the children. How could we do this? Her worker would keep a close watch on the home and our worker would make more visits to monitor the situation. Yes we could do this. The last question, would Lisa go for this? I called her at her moms and told her about our offer. I can't really remember what her response was at the time. All I do know was we planed to make this slow for little Michael. She took the bus to a stop closer to our house; I went and picked her up. This would be the first time little Michael would see us together in a long time. He seemed to handle it pretty well. He just kept looking back and forth between us. I was MAMA and Lisa was MAMA LISA to him. She stayed a couple of hours and I took he home. By was I in for a shock; I couldn't believe the house she was staying in. What a hole in the wall, and in a nationhood that I had never seem other then on TV. I cried all the way home. She came over a couple more times before she moved in. Little Michael was in seventh heaven. He had two mommies. Everything that she owned was brought into our house in one or two boxes. Adrian was at the time three months old. Our girl just loved him. They liked Lisa too. She was like the cool age; mom and dad were old fogies. Amy spent the most time with her because she was older, and more into the music Lisa listened to. Dad Mike was nervous about having another big person in our home, but he was in total agreement that we needed to help her out. I'll never forget the first night Lisa was with us. We had put her up in little Michael’s room, her Michael and Adrian. It was time for bed. It was time to put Michael to bed, but this night would be different. This night I would hand Michael over to his real mother.
I found the note I wrote that night, it says: We got Lisa moved in today. Michael seems to be dealing pretty good with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok. Need more. I had 3 days without a chapter. This wasn't enough. More. More! (prettyplease?)