Tuesday, April 26, 2005

OK PAGE 16,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

He is real silly with Lisa, yet still comes to me for things. It was really weird and kind of hard when I went to put Michael in bed tonight. For so long I’ve been the one to last kiss him and lay him in bed. Only tonight I was met at the door and handed him over for Lisa to be the last one to kiss him. I keep telling myself, it's O.K. and neat, she is his mommy. She must be feeling really weird herself, being able to kiss him goodnight. My emotions are real torn right now, but I'll just ride it out. Let go and let God Huh? These are the notes I wrote for the next couple of days. Yesterday, Lisa and I went shopping. I really enjoyed myself. I think she did too. Lisa didn't give Michael his pop until after he said please. She would tell him,” no" with ease. Today Michael was warmer to Lisa being here, he even called her mom a couple of times. It was neat. Yet it was scary and weird. My emotions are flip, flopping again. He tried playing Lisa against me tonight, with a drink. She said,” didn’t mama say no?” pointing to me. When he then threw the crayons, she took them away. Lisa told me of her hurt over Michaels Rocking in bed. I hurt with her; I wish I could help her hurt. I guess that's just another thing she needs to face, and forgive herself for. It's almost like were joined together through Michael, and our love for him. I just hope she feels as comfortable with us.
Today was our first day with both of us staying home all day. It was pretty neat. There was time spent together and time spent alone. Lisa showed me how to fix tacos with out browning the meat first, and Mexican rice. I hope I'm not seeing or doing the one sided thing again. I don't think I am. I think she likes me too. Everything seems to be like a partnership. Who ever do what ever? Dad Michael seems to be starting to relax more now too. The girls love Lisa and the baby here. Lisa has surprised them both.
Lisa and I got along real good; it was like we had been friends for a long time. Little Michael at first called me mama and Lisa mama Lisa, then we were both mama. After he got more bonded to Lisa, at it was becoming operant that it was time for her to move on, I became mama Jaye and she was mama. We had Lisa living with us about three months. This seemed just enough time for her to get on her feet. She learned silly things that meant so much to her like, where the glasses go in a cupboard, what way the toilet paper went on the roll. Things that taught me the reason her children ended up in the condition they were. She her self had never been taught the simpelist things of life. We got her set up in an apartment close by us, in case she had any needs. The older kids started their visits in her new apartment, as we were getting her all the things she needed. It was fun getting her set up, but she was real scared. I think she didn't have enough confidence in her self, so it was good that we were still so close. She did great, our two older girls went to her over to her house often. She was their mentor as well as their friend. Her other children were returned to her care and we still keep in close contact with her. She has had another child, in number six, and she has married a fine young man who loves her children as his own. They all are a part of our every day life.
Lisa was dong real good she got back the rest of her children while she was living in that apartment. One by one they were returned to her care. She did great. She then started a new relationship with Michaels father. After a short time she became pregnant again. It was around that time that she finely qualified for government housing. She and all 5 kids moved in there, we stuck behind her all the way. It seemed kind of funny because when she became pregnant she was scared to death to tell us, like we were her parents. She thought we would be disappointed in her, but we stood by her. She gave birth to a baby boy and named him Junior. Getting back on her feet she then met a young man who took to her children just like they were his own. They got married about a year after they met. Little Michael still came to spent some weekends with us. We had bought a house in Phoenix and eventually after renting the house to Lisa and Tommy we turned it over to them. Lisa went back to school and earned a degree to put her working in the same C.P.S. office, that she once stood on the outside of the counter. We have fallen off with contact but do and always think of them as our extended family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!