Tuesday, April 26, 2005

PAGE 18 ,,,,,,,,,,,

Another court hearing for David came and it was time to ease David back into their home. Fawn and David had become very close, they were almost twins. What one didn't think of the other did. The comforted each other and played like siblings , very close siblings. He had been going to visit with dad at grandma's house.. A week had pasted and I got a phone call that the worker was supposed have moved David within 24 hours of the hearing date. We had to move him now. I then suggested that things would be going too fast for David, so what we did next was to reverse the visit arrangements. David would live with his family and come to our house for visits, until he was comfortable. We all thought this would be a good thing. Instead after each visit David would cry not to leave clinging onto Fawn and myself. Fawn would get upset that he was leaving also. So what I did next tore my heart out, but I knew that in order for these children and us to move ahead it had to be done. I call the worker and told them that David was not to be returned to our home for any more visits. He needed to stay with his family and adjust with them alone. That one was a hard decision, but I knew I had to do it. I had sent all the furniture he owned with us, I sent tons of pictures and his baby book. I wrote a note to him and his family and cut all ties.
Fawn’s case was going nuts mom had, had several boyfriends. Was still refusing to take any meds. Her father refusing to comply with anything the workers had for him to do. Little Mandy was falling through all the cracks and being overlooked. Things seemed to go from bad to worse. Then Fawns mom hooked up with another man who seemed to care for Mandy, He took care of her while mom was out causing trouble and doing what ever. Fawn was going for visits and suffering extreme reactions. She had to sleep in our bed could handle new people around her, we watched this poor baby trying to live in two completely different worlds. We hated it. I wrote many letters to judges and tried to get them to look at the case in more depth. We went to all the meetings voicing our concerns; nothing seemed to matter to this one worker. Then mom gets married to the new guy, she is pregnant again. It didn’t take long for this guy to leave the craziness either. So now we were left with a woman who refused to do anything that the courts told her to, she now has 1 child in her care because of a worker who chooses not to see reality and is going to bring yet another child into her messy life. By the time Fawn was 2 and1/2 she was in intense therapy. We were left with the task of watching this poor baby suffer from what the system seems to be calling “THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD.” I did what I felt I needed to do for Mandy, I sent all of Fawn’s old clothes and would send food for her. When ever we had to go to court hearings and meetings I would force myself not to make eye contact with Mandy. I knew that if I did I would be sucked in deeper than I was willing to go at the time. Then we were looking at Fawn being sent back to her mother. OH NO. GOD intervened; we were given a new worker! This worker saw things for what they really were. The mother had brought in yet another man to her life. Mom would come to hearings with bruises and black eyes. This new worker looked at Mandy and saw our concerns. Before too long she gave birth to the child she was carrying. It was yet another little girl. This one she named Sandy. The new worker got real deep in watching the family. Within 6 weeks the worker had documented several things that were happening, not good. She set up some meetings, ask us if we were will to take in Mandy and Sandy? The case plan would be changing to severance and adopt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More! More! Even two chapters today just isn't enough! :)

Maybe I should have just had you mail it to me... nah. Then I wouldn't come here and comment and get excited as I read it each day...